What’s involved in Energy Audit Report?
A comprehensive Energy Audit Report obtained by Caslec Industrial Electricians is an in-depth study into power consumption within your company premises.
Scope of Work:
· Applying a data logger to the main switchboard for approximately 7 days, monitoring power, lighting and air conditioning system which measures and records the amps, voltages and harmonics being drawn from each circuit.
· Entering every room throughout the premises to count all electrical equipment.
· Identifying sub-boards and whether they require further data logging to measure accuracy.
· Producing a graphical interpretation of the monitored results.
· Formal presentation of the results and assistance in the implementation if required.
Energy Audit covers power, lighting, air conditioning and all other circuits that are used in your company buildings. Monitoring the power consumption over a week or longer will identify peak usage periods, highlight wastage, such as consumption in the evenings and weekends as well as inefficiency through load balance.
Have a look at some of our most common findings, our easy solutions and some more complexed ones.
Are you sure that your timers and sensors are working correctly? Did you know that due to power outages or human intervention they might not be working at all??
It’s time to check it.
On many occasions we have found hot water urns left on boil 24 hours a day, 7 days a week…wasting a huge amount of energy. Newer models are already programmed to turn off during out of hours or retrograde a timer onto older units.
Implementing energy saving company policies is an easy solution that saves a lot of money. Also, timers and sensors on lighting to ensure only security lighting system is left on when the building is not in use or upgrading older equipment to newer, more energy efficient products.
For a free assessment of your circumstances contact Caslec Industrial Electricians in Sydney.
Find good industrial electricians in Sydney
I’m sure the idea of finding a decent industrial electrician must stress you out and you have no clue where to start from. It can be quite time-consuming as well. Commercial electricians who specialize in this field develop a different set of skills over time so general household electrical work can sometimes take time for them to adapt to.
Keep it in mind that industrial electricians in Sydney work on building sites, house and land developments or in high-rise construction. The situations which they face every day are totally different to those that may occur in a general household. So it’s good to understand their skills before you decide to choose one.
Industrial electricians have a quite exciting profession as in commercial field they are often challenged to find new creative solutions to problems that arise on-site. Whereas general house wiring is in most of the cases quite straightforward process.
In today’s article, we would like you to pay attention to some characteristics that are important when looking for a good industrial electrician in Sydney.
- A good industrial electrician should be able to adapt to problems as they occur. They work in an environment that is based on constant change. Sometimes it’s hard to work with creative architects and designers who seem to be often changing their mind at the last moment. For example changing the areas of electrical fittings.
- Clients have high expectations that must be met, no matter how unreasonable they sound, good industrial electricians will maintain composure and be able to come up with a solution fast and instill a sense of confidence in the client.
- In a commercial environment, there are many different providers working side-by-side so good industrial electricians in Sydney need to be able to communicate effectively across a wide range of trades and professions.
- A good presentation is also very important because clients expect professionals to always look appropriate. Also, a friendly and helpful attitude is well perceived.
- Previous experience is also an important characteristic of good industrial electricians. As mentioned above, many specialist tasks require specific knowledge and a construction site is an evident spot for it.
- Versatility is the final factor we would like to mention. The best industrial electricians are adaptable and capable of moving between, for example, new factory installation and high rise building site all on the same day.
As you can see good industrial electricians need a broad set of skills and experience all in one package that every client desires.
We are looking forward to discussing the specifics of your business electrical system.
Is your factory underpowered?
Is your business expanding to the point where you require more power into your premises? Caslec regularly witnesses the problems associated with insufficient power supply. Too often we see businesses struggle through operation with an insufficient power supplying their premises, causing tripping circuit breakers, overheating switchgear, switchboards and cabling resulting in costly repairs. By investing in a supply upgrade or new substation, you will be able to decrease downtime and increase productivity which will have a positive impact on your business bottom line.
To increase your productivity, get our Level 2 service provider assistance. Caslec Level 2 Accredited Service Providers will examine the electricity intensive equipment you are running and report to you with an assessment of the extra power requirements that your business needs to maintain operations. Caslec is qualified to calculate your power requirements and what will be the necessary upgrades to your electricity infrastructure. We will make an assessment of your existing cable or overhead line to determine if it is able to carry the increased power and also whether it is available from the local network.
By investing in a supply upgrade or new substation, you will be able to decrease downtime and increase productivity which will have a positive impact on your business bottom line. To increase your productivity, Contact our Level 2 service provider.
Need an electrician for your business property?
We are here for you.
Powerpoints with USB Charging
Commercial Electricians Sydney Advice:
How many devices do you or your employees use daily that relies on USB chargers??
Tablets, phones, cameras, game consoles, the list goes on.
Don’t let those bulky USB adapters clatter your outlet space. Install a power outlet with USB ports at your business instead.
These are now a standard thing in new houses and commercial spaces and are becoming more and more popular. It’s easy to install them by swapping over with existing powerpoint.
Most of the companies use at least a couple of smartphones or tablets. Not to mention any of the following devices we often use in our households: fitness trackers, Go-Pro, bike computers etc. That is definitely enough to cause a messy tangle of wires and overload powerpoint, which drives all of us crazy.
Thankfully, wall-mounted USB powerpoints are available in most of the electrical stores and have become standard installs in commercial and residential properties in Sydney.
When planning your property’s electrical system, think about installing USB powerpoints around as a charging stations. It will save you moving devices around. Ideal locations are your kitchen, living room or home office.
Installing a new USB power point or replacing an existing one requires professional help. In industrial buildings, you need fully licensed commercial electricians to do this for you.
Caslec Commercial Electricians Sydney is licensed and bonded to carry out any type of commercial electrical work in Sydney Metropolitan area.
Our commercial electricians will get the job done quickly and in the right way.
We are looking forward to discussing the specifics of your business electrical system.
Television Antenna’s (MATV Systems)
Caslec staff are trained & accredited to install MATV & Multi Occupancy Television Systems. Enjoy the reliability & high vision standard of a professionally installed & engineered antenna system into your office tenancy, high rise apartment building or factory offices.
With the constantly released new digital high definition TV’s systems install only upgraded digital antenna & cabling systems in you premises. Arrange for a Caslec engineered system that will satisfy your personal, Strata or business requirements for many years to come.
Variable Speed Electric Motor Drives (VS Drives)
Electricity costs can be reduced and the life can be extended on electric motors when fitted with VS drives. As an example, all modern air conditioning compressor motors are now fitted with VS drives which significantly improve the operation of air conditioning system and reduce power costs.
However there are many machines & electric motors within industry that would benefit from the replacement of existing electric motor starting & running equipment if fitted with a VS Drive. The operation of the machines would improve, electricity power consumption would be lowered significantly depending on the operation of the machine and there would be other mechanical improvements such as lower maintenance costs.
VS drives are well proven & reliable industrial electronic devices that certainly pay for themselves over time.